Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Museum of Natural History Ball goes Green


This year The Museum of Natural History went eco friendly. Large cardboard light shades lit the room as soy candles added a sparkle to the tables. Maggie Betts was the birthday Girl and wore a party hat to prove it. As I was dashing across the floor to photograph Maggie, I did the unthinkable. Suddenly my feet were flying in the air and I fell plop on the ground. Somehow my camera survived and so did I. The moral to the story is no heels for Julie!



After dinner, the party moved down stairs to Cullman Hall where Harley Viera Newton spun dance tunes and I ate two too many of the little desserts on the dessert table. One of the things about running from party to party is there is no time to eat.
Milla Jovich looked amazing in dark red velvet and wore Jewels by Cartier, Byrdie Bell was dressed in Temperly London with the highest sexiest black boots above her knees, Veronica Webb was all smiles, and only Anne Vyalitsyna could get away with wearing a jumpsuit. Opps did I say Jumpsuit! What does one call an all in one garment that stars with pants at the bottom and ends with a one shouldered top???? Please let me know!

No comments: