Friday, April 17, 2009

New Yorker's for Children


I had been waiting since Monday for Wednesday to arrive. One of my favorite charities was hosting its Spring Gala. New Yorkers for Children lived up to my expectations. The Dinner and dancing took place in the ballroom at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. I introduced myself to Nicholas Scoppetta who is himself a former foster child. Now he is the New York City Fire Commissioner. He has worked hard to help bring awareness and financial support to the many children in foster care here in New York. Thank you Mr Scoppetta for all the work you do.
The room looked beautiful. Decorated by David Stark, there were daffodils on every table. It was as if the magic of the Central Park view had found its way up to the 33rd floor.
The night owed its success to all the co-chairs above.
Amy McFarland, Susan Magazine, Dayssi Olarte de Kanavos, Vanessa von Bismarck, Rory Hermelee, Allison Aston, Nicholas Scoppetta, Susan Shin, Lydia Fenet, Joy Bryant.
I am amazed at all the different styles and colors I am seeing this year. Dresses are long or short, bright and bold or soft and pastel. There is still black but it has to be really fabulous to catch my eye in an ocean of color
The biggest dancer of the night award goes to Serena William. She was bare foot and having a ball!


No comments: