Friday, May 22, 2009

El Museo del Barrio Spring Gala


On Wednesday night I raced up town to photograph a party for Fleet week full of Generals and Admirals then I headed to Ciprianni 42nd Street for The El Museo del Barrio Gala. By the time I got there cocktails were over and I had missed the mariachi band but the room looked beautiful and so did the guests. Yaz Hernandez looked as pretty as a picture and in fact there was a portrait of her painted by a student from East Harlem and tutored by Ruben Toledo, that was auctioned to make money for the Museum. After the awards a Gloria Estefan look alike took to the stage with Gloria's real life husband Emilio, who took to the congas. The crowd danced as only a crowd from South America can.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie! I am so happy to have found your blog which I peek at everyday to escape! Absolutely loved the bunny trail and fell in love with the beautiful bridal portrait. Wow. Hope all is well. xo