Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wildlife Conservation Society Gala At Central Park Zoo

This year’s gala celebrated the opening of the new Allison Maher Stern Snow Leopard Exhibit and so lucky me I was able to get a private viewing and a chance to take a photo before the rest of NY runs to see these big beautiful cats. It was amazing. Even though the leopard was behind glass he saw me approach and watched as I moved from one end of the window to the other posing for my camera. There are 2 of them and promptly when the guests arrived they went and hid from view.
Allison Stern lead the well dressed ladies. Many of them were carrying jeweled bags by Judith Leiber in the shapes of animals. Sadly I didn't get to eat but the food looked delicious. Preston Bailey designed the decor although he was not there cause he is off on some tropical island this week!




No comments: