Monday, March 1, 2010

My Birthday


It all started last week when I called Bill Tansey to ask him if he could send me a few dead roses that I could pull apart and scatter the petals on my floor for my birthday party." No worries" said Bill and so I didn't give the matter another thought. Saturday morning and there was a knock on my door and there they were!!! 525 red pink and orange roses in 7 big buckets. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. So much for pulling the flowers apart. There was no way! Sunday started well with lots of calls, emails and text messages. I love Facebook Birthday's. At 1 pm Martha arrived with her bags of tricks and she waved her magic wand and transformed my place into a world of color. Next I rushed down town to pick up the food from the very best Indian Restraunt in NY Bombay Talkie. This little gem of a place is on 9th Ave and 22nd St. Rominey was so helpful with the menu and she came in on Sunday to make sure everything was perfect which it was. I had an India taxi driver who helped me get the food uptown and told me he was getting very homesick from the wonderful aroma of the food.
At 3 pm Akiyo arrived to set up and get ready to do henna on all my guests. She was extraordinary. Her website is www.akiyohenna.com. She did something special on every person. As the birthday girl I got a treat. After doing my arm in regular henna she then did my hand in gold. Yes I feel fabulous! It will last a week and so hope I get to see you all before it wears off.
Thelma was the next to arrive and I have to say thank you for all her help with the food. Next came all my friends and each and everyone of them brought life and sparkle with them.
At 6 pm the first half left and someone said they guessed it was all over but then the next wave of guests arrived and we kept on happily eating and drinking and laughing and talking. Thanks to everyone who made it such a great day by blessing me with their presence and thanks for the presents!!! They were great too!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YOU ARE GORGEOUS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!