Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The New York Pops 28th Birthday Gala 2011

Last night was The New York Pops 28th Birthday Gala. The night started with a performance at Carnegie Hall followed by dinner at the Plaza. This years theme was recognition of Bob Hope and of his work both as an actor and an entertainer who spent a lot of time traveling to war zones to entertain the troops. At the end they saluted all the military members both past and present in the audience as they played the 5 anthems from each division. It brought tears to my eyes as the guests stood proudly who had served this country as they received a moment of recognition. At the end the orchestra was given a standing ovation.
Next the guests headed to the Plaza Hotel where the artists sat and mingled with the crowd. Angela Landsbury looked stunning and there was a constant stream of people lined up to talk with her. I said hello to Michael Feinstein and introduced myself. He is just so talented, I also met Bob Hopes grandson Zachary when he handed me his card after I took his photo. I had no idea who he was when I snapped his photo and I must say he was very charming. It sure was a fun night.
To view all the photos please click on this link The NY Pops Gala

No comments: