Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pamela Pietro, Dancer, Professor, Choreographer and Muse

Pamela Pietro is many things to many people.

To me she is my Pilates instructor and helps me find strength and balance in my body so that I can do all the things I love.
When she is not working one on one with her very lucky private clients she is teaching on the faculty of the dance department at the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU or traveling the world as a guest lecturer.

Choreography plays a major part in Pam's life. She is always working on or performing her personal pieces. Finding new ways to interpret the movements of the human form and creating dialogue between the dancers and the audiences, Pam shares this knowledge with her students as they work on creating new expressions of form and modern dance.

I asked her to spend a few hours in my new studio so we could find a common language of time, space, light and spontaneous movement. It was magic. She surrendered to the confines of the space and found a way to move with power, strength and abandonment. She was an inspiration to photograph.

To learn more about Pamela you can visit her web site.

http://www.pamelapietro.com


No comments: